Friday, September 23, 2005

Ego.

This is the topic I am most interested in at the moment and it's messing with me big time. I used to have a huge ego. I've realised lately that the ego is a false sense of self. Without my ego and relising so many of my actions manifested from my ego, there doesn't seem to be a lot left. Is your personality just your ego? Is this the only thing which sets us apart from other organisms? Without ego, there is no psycological pain whatsoever... but it seems to be a little uninteresting. Was my ego my only point of interest? When you strip it all down, would you swap the Pleasure/Pain Cycle for Joy? This is as far as my thinking has ever taken me. The human ego is going to cause the end of the world, but its just too boring for us to live wiithout. Myabe we're too scared to live without them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Hi Kanicman -- cool blog. I'll check out the book you recommended. thanks

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home