Tuesday, March 13, 2007




The Fringe Festival (pictured) has begun. It's the few weeks of the year my self-concious city bustles with positive energy. This includes the Womad Music Festival which I attended on the weekend with a mate Simon. Very funny guy. After seeing Mad Professor which was very cool, we bumped into Kirsty -whom I broke in with last year. I had a thing for her -and still do. She was a little tipsy, but it still appeared as though she was interested...alas, at the end of the evening she stumbled off with some hipster guys. I mean, they were blowng bubbles. I think I need to make my intentions clearer, but I fear two things: making someone uncomfortable and rejection. I always have -but I used to combat this with substances and I'm having trouble calibratng with sobriety.

I feel there's a perfect analogy between my fear of rejection from girls and grinding a curb. Let me explain;

I don't fear the curb, I fear falling from the curb after confessing my ability/I don't fear the girl, I fear rejection from the girl after confessing my feelings.

I fall or stumble upon the curb when I over analyse what I'm doing/I fail to attract the girl when I over analyse what I'm doing.

The more I attempt (fail or not) the more I calibrate, the better the result... why can't I just listen to logic.

3 Comments:

Blogger jellybeanjune said...

Wasn't it Oliver who said don't wear protective gear, cuz that way you will be careful not to fall.

I have found perfection in imperfection.

6:26 PM  
Blogger kanicman said...

I don't wear protective 'gear', unless by that you mean fear..

5:47 AM  
Blogger jellybeanjune said...

maybe. I don't know. I don't know anymore.

I miss you, and your mom, and Molly and Phoenix and Oscar. Give them all a hug for me.

*trips and falls down*

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home